Monday, August 22, 2011

My bead soup arrived!!

I got all my beads today and it was so exciting opening up that package. Everything is in purples and coppers with some blues and turquoise thrown in. My partner is  Natalie McKenna and her shop name is Grubbi. She lives in Liverpool. She makes really cool clay beads and likes to work with copper and brass.

A lot of the items she made herself. A number of polymer clay beads: some are swirled with different colors, one is painted in copper, and one has been covered in metallic powders. She also sent 2 squares that have designs embossed into them and then they are covered in resin. They are so pretty, great colors,  I really love the leaf!  The toggle she made is out of copper and has stars stamped onto it. It is really a nice size. She sent some white leather cord, some purple sari silk and a piece of Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon.  And then a lot of accent beads that are czech, toho, pony and seed beads. So much stuff!!

I already have some ideas. I can't wait to get started!






3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, and purple is DEFINITELY my color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally delicious palette..I love purple.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! The color is great! I can't wait to start making my piece or probably pieces.

    ReplyDelete