Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sea Glass

I have a always loved looking for sea glass. I love the colors and the feel of it. I love walking the beach and searching for these colorful pieces of glass.

About a year ago, my friend Heather and I were talking and we realized, we both collect beach glass. Having it, looking at it, hunting for it. So this past weekend we decided to take the short trip north to Lake Erie to find some treasure.

We started out early with a stop at Dunkin Donuts for an ice tea. Need to stay hydrated. The weather man said it was a fifty percent chance of rain but what does he know! They are never right anyway, right?

We drove the 45 minutes to the Rocky River area of Lake Erie and it was grey but so far the weather was holding. And when you are looking for sea glass it is easier to see it when the sun is not shining. We stopped at a couple different spots and found some nice pieces. By the forth stop or beach, it was just starting to rain. We got out of the car and walked down the steps to the beach and....they had cleaned the beach!!! Plowed it, leveled it, whatever they call it, it was awful!!! Well to us sea glass searchers. But we did find some really good spots that they couldn't clean up. And by the time we left, which was at least an hour later,  we were soaked...we looked like drowned rats! But we had so much fun. Here is most of the glass I found. So many pretty colors. Even a piece of red, which is a weird piece because it is clear on one side and red on the other.



Oh and while we were out we stopped at a garage sale. Look at the really neat shelf I picked up.  Only $5. I love the lines or shape of it. I don't think I have seen one like this before. I have been looking  at Pinterest and all the painted furniture. I think I am going to paint this(although the wood is really nice and may end up just staining it). I will post a picture of it after I decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment