Monday, February 18, 2013

The Soup I sent Susan
























This is the soup I sent my partner Susan of Libellula Jewelry.I was trying to listen to what Lori Anderson wrote in a couple of the emails she sent all of the Bead Soup participates and get my soup ready before I had a partner. And I did pretty much have it done.  I was very happy with the color combination of the two sets of beads I had made and the lampwork focal. It was what metal I was sending with it, that had  me stumped. I finally decided on the brass. I thought it looked good with the colors of the beads and kinda gave it that beachy look that I love, and I really wanted to include that little fish bead(silly, I know). But that made the clasp a bit of a problem for me. I had the triangular one in my stash, but I really wanted to make one. I had recently found the 16 gauge brass wire at my hardware store. So I made a simple clasp with a double wrap of wire. I had recently taken Kerry Bogert's on line course, where she explained how to patina brass and it worked!  I also included a length of brass chain.

I also sent two enamel beads that could be used for a focal. A couple of pressed glass beads and a length of sari silk.

It was fun to put this soup together and I hope Susan enjoys working with it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving it, Nancy! Thank you so very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I am so glad you do. I just love looking at what you sent me. Your metal work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great soup! I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete